Monday 23 August 2010

Kenfig Nature Reserve

To actually get out this summer has been difficult, welsh weather being its typical wet and windy scenario and only by luck is there a chance to get out and go birding. I decided to go to Kenfig Nature Reserve a place rich in wildlife diversity and most probably a first for me.
A Dunlin made a first appearance on my list!

Following the compass in my head I managed to get to Kenfig Pool and on arrival noticed two wagtail fluttering about, me being really bad at it tried get close enough for a shot until something moved right in front of me, a Dunlin! I havent seen a bird not on my list in ages and I actually got excited to see this magnificent creature, I stayed and snapped about 50 pics of the wader.

Making my way around the natural lake I passed swans, gulls and again those wagtail that I couldn't manage to snap a shot of. I then made my way across to a hide looking over the pool to find a cormorant perched on a pole in front and using my improvisation skills I balanced my tripod on the bench and wedge it against to wall so the end of the scope reached out of the hide, and again I took about 50 pictures.

I was also going to plan to make my way to sker beach which is also on the reserve but the heavens decided to open on the way there, so this time my time was cut short. Lets just hope a drier autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise